At MAQE we believe that happy people do good work. To support our talented staff and keep our clients happy, we require a Happiness Engineer to join our team in Bangkok.
As a Happiness Engineer, you are passionate about helping people.
Your main responsibility is manning our MAQE help desk and be the bridge between our clients and the internal team. We are best at building trust with our clients by understanding and sometimes anticipating their needs. We are trusted for doing quality work and we’d like you to help make that trust grow.
- Liaise with different stakeholders from a mix of projects comprising of 80% digital publishing industry and 20% other industries (i.e. marketing, e-commerce, fintech, etc.)
- Answer support emails using a combination of patience and diplomacy
- Be solutions-oriented by investigating issues reported and offering options based on tech team’s recommended solutions.
- Be able to use JIRA and create a detailed bug report with steps to reproduce; as well as create stories and acceptance criteria.
- As you will also be dealing with a team of developers and Quality Assurance engineers, understanding in basic technical knowledge is needed.
What you offer
- Excellent Thai/English-language communication skills
- Avid writer, able to explain complex things simply
- Conscientious and solutions-oriented, always eager to help
- Analytical, distinguish symptoms from root cause
- Technical, basic understanding of digital technologies
- Above all, diplomatic; ability to deal with people in a sensitive and effective manner
What we offer
- Autonomy; freedom to do something great
- Competitive salaries, plus bonus scheme
- Open plan office right next to Ploenchit BTS
- Agile and efficient work processes
- Free snacks and soda at work, beer on Fridays
- 15 days annual paid vacation
- Two work schedule options: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM or 10:30 AM – 7:30 PM)
- Relaxed atmosphere, little to no overtime
- Lots of creative freedom and responsibility
- Provident fund
- A great career path to advance as Customer Success Manager to handle new business enquiries and eventually as a Project Manager.
- This is a full-time position. Work permit will be provided for foreign nationals.
* Remuneration is governed by our salary ladder. For this position, the successful candidate will start at level 2 or above.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, describe your idea of how to make a customer happy. How far would you go?
Dear Foreign Candidates
We’re happy to hire non-Thais. However, the Thai Board of Investment (BOI) has strict guidelines on who we may issue work permits to. So before you apply, please ensure that you have the following:
- Relevant degree for the position applied for. (i.e. Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism and Hospitality or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration for Customer Support, etc.), or
- A minimum of 5 years of well-documented and relevant work experience.
- Certificates and transcripts from degree programs, if any, and, lastly,
- Patience. The process is more art than science, unfortunately (You won’t believe the paperwork required!)