(At present this role is only for Thai candidates or has strong Thai language skills)
At MAQE we believe that happy people do good work. To support our talented staff, we require a Project Manager to join our team in Bangkok.
Your primary role is the day-to-day management and operation of our projects, that include website launches, mobile and web applications. You will also have strong communication skills to bring both internal teams and client together in a collaborative working environment. While in the background, you’ll be helping to foster close relationships with our clients and in doing so, help us build a strong reputation to help MAQE grow.
We’re seeking an experienced confident and proactive Project Manager to guide our customers and support our teams in producing great work. It’s not just about building things right, on time and on budget, but it is very much about building the right thing.
More specifically, you will:
- Have an open mind and process what the clients are asking for. Not everything they ask needs a solution or has to be built.
- Have an understanding of technical concepts (Web applications, mobile, hosting etc)
- Help collect and identify business requirements
- Liaise with our internal experts to recommend a course of action
- Collaborate with a culturally diverse team to design, development implement digital projects
- Highlight areas of risk and proactively resolve issues
- Be an excellent communicator
- Manage project timelines and budgets
- Coach clients and stakeholders through our work processes
- Business and strategy awareness – able to make recommendations
This is a full-time position. Work permit will be provided for foreign nationals.
What You Offer
- At least 4+ years of web/mobile project management experience
- Experience of Lean and Agile project management methods (Agile, Kanban or SCRUM)
- Experience of Project Management tools (MS Project, JIRA etc)
- Experience of working with Thai and International clients
- Experience of managing budgets
- Service minded
- Good Thai and English communication skills
Renumeration is governed by our salary ladder. For this position, the successful candidate will start at level 4 or above.
What We Offer in Return
- Autonomy; freedom to do something great
- Competitive salaries, plus bonus scheme
- Open plan office right next to Ploenchit BTS
- Agile and efficient work processes
- MacBook Air or Pro of your choice
- Free snacks and soda at work, beer on Fridays
- 15 days annual paid vacation
- Flexible work hours (e.g., 9AM-11AM to 6PM-8PM)
- Relaxed atmosphere, little to no overtime
- Lots of creative freedom and responsibility
- Provident fund
In addition to other Project Management duties, the successful candidate may also join one or more cross-disciplinary teams, called Crews, and help set the direction for the company as a whole.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please answer the following question:
- Describe yourself when you were a 14-15 year old teenager (What were you like)?
Note: Dear Foreign candidates – We’re normally happy to hire non-Thai staff. However, at present we have a strong need for candidates that can speak, read and write fluent Thai as many of our clients prefer working and conversing in Thai and this has formed part of the working requirements with them.
That said, if you are a foreign national with strong Thai language skills then read on!
It is important to mention that the Thai “Board of Investment” (BOI), who we are endorsed by, have strict guidelines on issuing work-permits.
Therefore, before you apply, please ensure you have the following:
- Relevant degree for the position applied for (i.e., Project Manager = Business degree) helps, or
- A minimum of 5 years of well documented and relevant work experience.
- Letters from previous employers up to 5 years (depending if you have a relevant degree) helps a lot.
- Certificates and transcripts from relevant institutions (you won’t believe the paperwork required!), and
- Patience. The foreign worker application process is more art than science 😉