MAQE is a small and growing group of friends based in Bangkok.
We believe in being honest. We believe that happy people do great work. And most of all, we believe in doings things the right way.
We work hard to hand-craft our work inside and out because we want to proud of our achievements and for our clients to appreciate this effort and benefit from it.
More info about our Engineering stack and capabilities can be seen here.
Skills We Need
- Good English verbal, written and spoken
- Strong knowledge of PHP and MVC frameworks such as Laravel, Lumen
- Experience with SQL, such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- An open mind and ability to work in a team
Nice to Haves
- Amazon AWS (EC2, S3, Route 53, Opsworks) or other cloud hosting service skills
- Designing/developing scalable websites
- TDD/unit tests
- Using command line, linux, git, SSH
- Using Node.js
- SCRUM or Kanban
Whatever your age, gender, or ethnicity, we know you love what you do. And that’s really what’s most important. But in addition to that, we’re also looking for the following:
- A good fundamental understanding of programming
- Resourcefulness and ability to take initiative
- Creative and willing to share ideas and opinions
The successful candidate will find him or herself working as part of a small team. The focus: delivering mission-critical and high-traffic web apps.
What We Offer
- Competitive salaries (Starting THB 30K-50K) plus bonus scheme every 6 months
- Senior / Lead developers and above will start on or above (THB51K+)
- Office right next to Ploenchit BTS
- 27” iMacs or MacBook Air/MacBook Pro 13″ + Dell 24″ Screen, Dual Fibre and VDSL Internet
- Free drinks / snacks / fruit at work, free beer on Fridays
- Relaxed atmosphere, little to no overtime
- Lots of creative freedom and responsibility
- 1 day a week remote working (after probation)
- Provident fund
- Flexible start dates
How to Apply
Please include the following information:
Step 1: Go to maqe.github.io and do the tests there, zip them up and attach them to your email.
Step 2: Create a 1-page cover letter. Please keep it personal. We’d like to know who you are, how you applied your skills in previous jobs and what you are like. Please include links to your Github or Bitbucket profiles if you have either.
Step 3: Attach a short resume/CV of no more than two (2) pages long and email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note (1): Only successful candidates will be invited to come in for second test in our office.
Note (2): Dear Foreign candidates – We’re happy to hire non-Thai’s however, the Thai Board of Investment (BOI) has strict guidelines on who we can issue a work-permit for. Please ensure you have the following:
- Relevant degree to the position you are applying for. E.g. Web Developer + Computer Science Degree
- At least 2 years relevant experience with a degree
- At least 5 years relevant experience without a degree or relevant degree
- Please have proof of certificates/transcripts handy (you won’t believe the paperwork required!)
- Patience. The foreigner application process is more art than science 😉