At MAQE we believe in handcrafting our products. It’s important that the results look good from the outside, but also that our work is highly polished on the inside. We use a variety of technologies, tools, processes and methods to help us maintain, and extend, our engineering capabilities. Here is some information about what we do, how we do it, and the tools that we use…
What we do?
We design, build and maintain websites, web applications and web services for a variety of clients.
How we work?
- We employ agile methods, with a focus on full-stack teams.
- We care about building the right thing, the right way.
- We strive to test first, and test continuously, to ensure quality.
- We use industry standards, best practices, and project boilerplates to build and maintain healthy coding and testing habits.
- We share the responsibility of testing our work.
- We keep an eye on cutting-edge technology while maintaining project stability and supportability.
Engineers start by being involved early on in the project lifecycle – during requirements gathering, and determination of use-cases and job-stories. We then own and progress through the building, testing and deploying phases of a project.
What technologies and tools do we use?
Here are some of the technologies that we use at MAQE.
- Standard Four ENV (Environment) workflow
- Development, QA, UAT/Staging and LIVE
- Custom MAQE CSS style guide and boilerplate
- CSS pre- and post-processing
- LESS, autoprefixer, post-css
- CSS linting
- ES6+, Babel, Browserify
- Various libraries including
- virtual-dom, redux, fetch
- Asset build and deploy system
- npm, bower, gulp
- Frameworks & CMS
- Laravel, Lumen, WordPress
- Dependency management
- Server configurations:
- Apache PHP, PHP-FPM, PHP5 + 7
- Various libraries/technologies including
- OAuth2 client/server, Guzzle, Mockery, Faker, Datatables, Dingo API, Intervention/Image
- Coding standards
- SOLID principles
- PSR-0/PSR-4 autoloading
- Static analysis tools
- PHP Mess Detector, PHP Code Sniffer
- Frameworks & CMS
- Node JS
- Express, Koa
- MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, AWS Aurora
- Eloquent ORM
- Third-Party Integrations
- OAuth2, REST, SOAP, various payment gateways
- API Development
- API Blueprint
- JSON API standard
- Code tests
- Unit tests, TDD, Test coverage
- phpunit, mocha, chai
- Web performance metrics
- Webpagetest, Pagespeed, phantomas
- Application performance monitoring
- New Relic
- Load testing
- API testing
- Dredd testing framework
- Error reporting
- Sentry, New Relic
- Defect tracking
- Test management
- Cross-browser testing
- Android and iOS devices
- Automated testing
- Server infrastructure
- Debian and Ubuntu
- EC2, ELB, RDS, S3, Cloudfront, Opsworks
- Peripherals: SES, SQS, CloudWatch
- Continuous Integration
- Jenkins, CircleCI, Bitbucket Pipelines
- Environments & Containers
- Docker, Vagrant